Knowing how to get rid of acne should be preceded by knowing what is it all about. Acne is most common amongst teenagers and young adults, with about 80% of people affected between the ages of 11 and 30. It also affects a few people in their forties and fifties as well.
Pimples are a normal skin condition that affects many people. It is an inflammation of the skin in which the sebaceous glands (oil glands) become infected with bacteria, swell up, and fill with pus.
Plant Therapy Essential Oils are the number one supplier of high quality, organic, 100% pure essential oils. They offer free shipping in the U.S. and returns for up to 90 days after purchase. You can shop Plant Therapy on their official Amazon store.
Excess sebum secretion by the oil glands is the primary cause of this problem. Pimples generally occur on the face, neck, back, and shoulders. Though not a critical condition, pimples can make a person feel miserable due to their appearance.
There are a lot of lotions and medicines on the market to treat pimples but they can take time. Many natural methods are effective in treating pimples within a very short time period.
Causes Of Acne
Doctors advise treating pimples immediately to prevent them from spreading. Acne, if left untreated, can leave scars on the skin, which become very difficult to remove. Pimples can develop due to various reasons. Here are a few:
- Dead Skin Cells Build Up
- Teenage Pimples
- Hormonal Pimples/Acne
- Bacterial Growth
- Sensitive To Testosterone
- Dairy Products And High Glycemic Foods Cause Pimples
- Oily Food
- Medicines Cause Acne
- Skincare Products
- Not Removing Makeup
- Friction Or Rubbing Skin
In this article, you will discover several proven natural remedies that you can use to overcome pimples, zits, acne or whatever you may call them. Most of them require things that you already have at home. So read on to discover how to get rid of your pimples fast.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Acne Fast
1. Strawberries and Honey
Strawberries contain a very important ingredient called salicylic acid. This is the primary active ingredient in several commercial formulations used to treat pimples. Salicylic acid stimulates the epidermis (the upper layer of the skin) to shed its cells faster.
So the clogged pores open up and the bacteria get neutralized. This substance also encourages the development of fresh skin cells and the subsequent closing of the pores to prevent fresh infection.
- Rinse your face with warm water.
- Wash at least 3 strawberries thoroughly to remove all the dirt on them.
- Mash them carefully without allowing them to become watery.
- Add two teaspoons of honey and blend them.
- Add the mixture to your skin and allow it to stay for 30 minutes before you rinse it off.
Yes, it’s simple, but it works. By drinking 10-12 glasses of water per day, you can flush most, if not all, impurities out of your body. Also, you can boil a pot of water, and place a towel over the pot and your head to get the benefits of steam.
Steam can help to open the pores and flush out the impurities. As you can see, water can be beneficial in multiple ways when it comes to getting rid of blemishes.
The toothpaste that you use every morning to clean your teeth also can be used to treat pimples quickly. It is most effective when used following the ice remedy. You must use white toothpaste; avoid using gel toothpaste.
- Apply some white toothpaste over the affected skin area before going to bed.
- Wash your face with water in the morning.
- Repeat the process in the daytime also.
- Make sure the toothpaste remains on the pimples for at least half an hour.
Our favorite supplier of essential oils is Plant Therapy. They offer 100% pure oils, free of additives and adulterants. They offer free shipping and free returns for up to 90 days.
You can browse their extensive collection of essential oils, including all of the oils mentioned in this article, on their Official Page on Amazon.
4. Tea Tree Oil
Tee tree oil is a very common home remedy for many conditions, but especially to get rid of acne and other skin conditions. Tea tree oil is able to break up clogged pores, clear out dead skin cells, and keep acne from coming back.
- Mix one part oil to six to nine parts water, depending on how strong you want the mixture to be.
- Apply directly to the skin using cotton balls, and leave it on for around 30 minutes.
- Moisturize afterward sure that you never use tea tree oil undiluted.
5. Orange Peels and Juice
The ascorbic acid and vitamin C in oranges make them a potent cure for pimples. And they are very easy to use. Simply rub the peels on the pimples and dab them with the orange juice. Before you do any of these, make sure you wash your hands thoroughly to prevent the transfer of bacteria to your skin while trying to get rid of acne.
You may also wash your face with warm water to open up the pores. Use different pieces of orange peels for each spot you want to treat. You may apply the orange juice with cotton buds. Leave the juice on your face for at least 1 hour before you wash it off.
Papaya is one of the common acne remedies at home. You don’t need money to enjoy the same benefits! It eliminates dead cells and excess fat from the skin surface. In its raw form, it also contains papain – a powerful enzyme that cuts down inflammation and stops the formation of pus. That is the reason why it is commonly found in many commercially produced beauty products.
- Cut up your fresh papaya.
- Take out the seeds and mash the flesh till it is smooth enough to be applied to your face.
- Wash your face with warm water and then apply the papaya for 30 minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse it off and moisturize.
7. Baking Soda
With baking soda, I can show you just how to get rid of acne scars. It has been a great option for acne scars at home. It’s cheap, it’s natural, and it doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals or other ingredients. Here are the benefits of baking soda:
- It exfoliates.
- It reduces inflammation.
- And it clears the skin.
- Use warm water and baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to your skin like a mask.
- Leave it on for up to an hour, and then rinse. You will be surprised at the results.
If you suffer from blemishes that are extremely red and blotchy, cornstarch can be a great choice. Do not let sensitive skin stop you on the journey to get rid of acne. Cornstarch is very gentle on the skin, so it is a great option for those of us with very sensitive skins.
You can apply a cornstarch and water paste to individual blemishes, or to your whole face, and you can leave it on as long as you like.
Ice is of good help to reduce the redness, swelling, and inflammation of pimples. It aids the improvement of blood circulation to the affected area, and in tightening the skin pores and removing dirt and oil accumulated on the skin. You can use ice cubes or crushed ice, whichever is convenient.
- Wrap the ice in a piece of cloth and hold it on the affected skin area for a few seconds.
- Wait a few minutes and repeat the process.
Another way to get rid of acne fast is the use of lemon juice, which is rich in vitamin C. Lemon juice helps pimples dry up faster. Ensure you use fresh lemon juice and not bottled juice, which has preservatives. There are a couple of ways to apply this remedy.
- Dip a clean cotton swab in fresh lemon juice and apply it on the pimples before going to bed.
- You can also mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and put it on the pimples overnight.
- In the morning, wash the skin well with lukewarm water.However, this particular remedy is not suitable for those with sensitive skin.
11. Egg Whites
If you are looking for how to get rid of acne and pimples overnight, egg whites provide a cheap, easy and quick way for that. They also eliminate scars. Egg whites contain vitamins and amino acids that help to kill pimples and rebuild your skin’s cells.
- Separate 3 egg whites from their yolks.
- Whisk them properly and allow them to settle for 3 minutes.
- Apply the whisked egg whites to the pimples using your fingers.
- Wait for it to dry then repeat this 4 times.
- Leave the final mask for 20 minutes, rinse off and apply a suitable skin moisturizer.
As you can see, there are a ton of different ways that you can treat acne naturally. These are just a few of the best natural remedies for treating pimples quickly.