Whether or not you want to admit it, How to burn lower belly fat is something a lot of people have to deal with. Lower Belly fat does not look good and it damages the entire personality of a person.
Everyone wants their flat belly, especially the teenagers. It depends on what type of food we are consuming, but sometimes only good metabolism will help to maintain a flat belly, even though you are eating high-calorie foods, sugary foods, fried foods etc.
Almost all fitness websites have written about exercises to get rid of lower belly fat. This is simply because so many people are searching for ways to burn belly pooch.
This post examines 8 proven exercises to burn lower belly fat, lose weight and getting into your best possible shape just in time for summer.
Although a bit of body chub is necessary to keep us in good health, too much of the stuff can have the opposite effect on life expectancy and well-being—especially when it collects around the midsection.
Lower Belly Fat does not look good and it damages the entire personality of a person. Not only does it make it difficult to zip up your jeans, but it also increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and type-2 diabetes—even if you’re not particularly overweight.
If your metabolism is not good you may suffer from bloated tummy and fat around your belly. Reducing Lower belly fat and getting into your best possible shape may require some exercise.
But the large range of exercises at your disposal today can cause confusion to you in making the right choice of the best one that will help you burn lower belly fat and reveal your hard-won muscles.
Exercises To Burn Lower Belly Fat Fast
There are numerous lower belly fat exercises can do. However, the majority of those exercises do not really target the belly fat as they should. We have taken time out to research on the best exercises to reduce lower belly fat.
These exercises are simple to perform and will help you burn belly fat. Most of these effective exercises target multiple abdominal muscles, so you’ll maximize your belly-burn with every rep.
What You’ll Need:
There are only 3 basic pieces of equipment you’ll need for this workout. And the great thing is, they’re all relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and they’re multi-purpose, meaning you can use them for a variety of different workouts and exercise routines beyond this one.
A light workout gear; I get all of my Women’s Workout & Training Pants from Amazon for less than half the price (the quality, price, and prints are awesome) A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat to lay on the floor.
1. Reverse Crunches
Reverse crunches are a strength training exercise that helps to tone and tighten the muscles to reveal a defined belly once the fat is lost.
- Lie down on the floor with your legs fully extended and arms to the side of your torso with the palms on the floor.
- Your arms should be stationary for the entire exercise.
- Move your legs up so that your thighs are perpendicular to the floor and feet are together and parallel to the floor.
Must Read: 9 Inner Thigh Fat Removal Tips That works
2. Double Leg Lifts
Double Leg Lifts are a Pilates exercise that strongly works your core. By keeping your legs firmly together, you transfer most of the work toward your abs. This is more challenging than most Pilates exercises because you have to keep your legs straight. Most trainers call this the Mermaid exercise.
- Lie face up on the mat and put your palms under your head with elbows wide open.
- Spread the legs and raise them upwards keeping them joined at the heels and inhale.
- Exhale as you pull your torso up from the floor and crunch your tummy, feel the tension in your back muscles and the abdomen at this point.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and then slowly lower your torso in the mat.
Repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch.
Must Read: 15-Minutes Lower Belly Pooch Workouts
3. Russian Twists
- With your hands clasped together, sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about a foot from your butt.
- Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all. It is really important and difficult to keep your back straight.
- Pull your navel to your spine, and twist slowly to the left, bringing the weight to your left side. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating, not from your arms swinging. Inhale through the center, and rotate to the right. This completes one rep.
4. Vertical Leg Crunches
- Lie on your back with ankles crossed and extend your legs upwards.
- Try to touch your toes with hands shown in the picture above.
- Do the same as you do crunches. Repeat 10-15 times (3-4 sets).
5. Hip Lifts
- Lie on the floor with your arms by your sides.
- Your palms facing down and your legs over your hips at 90 degrees. Feet are flexed.
- Then lift your hips off the floor using your core muscles while your legs are reaching towards the ceiling.
- Then return to the starting position. Repeat 15 times.
6. Resisted Single-Leg Stretch
- Lie on your back and bend both knees into your chest, feet flexed.
- Interlace your fingers on top of your right thigh and extend your left leg out parallel to the floor.
- Lift your head and shoulders off the floor, curling up over the top of your ribcage and looking at your legs.
- Press your palms against your right thigh while tipping your pelvis to bring your right knee in towards your chest (your hands should add resistance to your leg).
- Switch legs and press your palms against the left thigh as your right leg extends parallel to the floor.
That’s one rep. Do up to 3 sets of 10 repetitions in a row.
7. Exercise Ball Crunch
This exercise ball, stability ball, balance ball and physio ball all mean the same. This will not only improve balance, coordination, and stability. This exercise needs a lot more muscles stabilization engages.
- Lie down on the exercise ball so that the lower back is supported and feet are firmly planted on the ground.
- Place your hands on your chest or behind your head. Contract your abs and lift your torso up and forward. lower back down.
- The ball must remain stable during each contraction. Inhale as you lower back down, and exhale as you crunch.
Perform 1-3 sets and repeat 12-16 times.
8. Flutter Kicks
Abdominal flutter kicks predominantly targets your abdominal muscles, working the lower abs in particular and losing belly fat in general. Performing the abdominal flutter kicks near the end of a workout will also improve your endurance levels.
- Lie on your back with your head and shoulders lifted off the floor and your hands behind your head.
- With both legs extended and toes pointed lift your right leg off the floor.
- And raise your left leg just a few inches off the ground.
- Drop your right leg swiftly down so that it hovers a few inches off the ground.
- And simultaneously raise your left leg up towards the ceiling.
- Without pause, alternate back and forth.
- Up and down on each leg is one repetition. Aim for 6 – 8 repetitions.
Running Or Walking
Running or walking are two best exercises to burn fat. Not only does it help in burning the belly fat, it also helps to burn the fat all over the body.
Simple exercises like jogging, swimming, walking and running act like cardio exercises and thus burns more calories and also helps in losing weight. These simple exercises increase metabolism, which in turn helps in burning more calories and Belly Fat.
Listed above are the best exercises on how to lose lower belly fat fast. Crunches deserve a special mention and like we’ve stated earlier, you can choose to perform other variations of crunches such as the twist crunches, side crunch, reverse crunch, vertical leg crunch, and others.
Yoga poses are also helpful in burning belly fat. You can try out other yoga poses apart from those mentioned above.
You should also remember that your diet is of utmost priority. Drink a lot of water, incorporate a healthy diet into your routines and combine with the above exercises.