Seasons come and go, but some things are just constant about our daily activities. These include traveling, parties, shopping, and other seasonal outings, which are likely to take over your schedule, eating into your schedule for the gym. And as a result, the cardio workouts you have put so much into at the gym gradually become a waste. This is not necessary.
There is always a way to balance your schedule and still keep your body beautifully fit and solid. Change up your routine so you can get a full-body workout in half the time—no gym needed.
Here, we have put together 10 best efficient cardio workouts to burn off extra calories and keep your metabolism stoked at all times. It also does a lot to your attitude and mindset. For instance, you will feel strong and refreshed in spite of your busy schedule which will not allow you constant visitation to the gym.
You can try this cardio workout in the morning and you’ll be energized and empowered throughout your day. This list can guarantee you just what you need, and more.
10 Best Cardio Workouts at Home for Fast Weight Loss
1. Mountain Climbers
The first cardio workout is probably one of the simplest on this list. All need to do is follow the instruction, and you will get the positioning.
- Come into a straight-arm plank position with your hands directly below your shoulders.
- Your body should form a straight line from neck to your ankles.
- Lift your right foot and drive your right knee up into the center of your body.
- Quickly switch legs, driving left knee up into the center of your body.
- Try to keep your hips level and your shoulders directly above your wrists.
- Do as many as possible for 1 minute.
2. Reverse Lunges
- Take a big step back with your left foot.
- Bend both knees to lower into a lunge, making sure your right knee is above the ankle and does not go too far beyond your toes.
- Drive off the ball of your right big toe to return to standing.
- Repeat, this time stepping back with your right leg. That’s one rep.
- Do 10 reps total, keeping your chest up the whole time.
Studies have shown that rowing can help you remove up to 300 calories in 30 minutes. The great thing about rowing is that you can do as many reps as you need. Of course, you need a rowing machine at home to make this work. Ti’s a nice workout for women and men.
You enter the machine and then you can opt for around 30 reps, then take a small break. Once that is done, you can come back and do some more.Keep in mind that you have to take breaks as often as you can, as rowing is a very demanding workout. But it is one of the best cardio workouts at home.
Believe it or not, cycling enables you to boost the vitamin D intake and it also helps you shed the extra weight. The way it does is by putting all your lower body muscles at work, hence it enables you to lose lower body fat.
You can cycle for as much time as you want. Like any other workout, cycling does require you to take a break, but it will work very well if you do at least 10 km per session. It feels like much, but this will help you shed fat very fast. Usually, you can burn 600 calories per hour this way.
5. Pilates 100
- Lie faceup with your knees and hips bent 90 degrees, hands by your side.
- Lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the ground, and begin to pulse your arms, taking long, deep breaths (inhale for 10 counts, exhale for 10 counts).
- Your core should be engaged the entire time so that everything but your arms stays completely still.
- Continue taking deep breaths until you get to 100 arms pulses.
6. High-Intensity Interval Training
High-intensity interval training is considered to be the best cardio workouts at home for many reasons. Not only is it very easy to learn, but it can also be done extremely fast. On the other hand, your body will be put under a lot of stress during this type of workout. So, stick to the right work plan and adapt to it!
- The way you do HIIT exercise is via pushing very hard for 30 seconds, and then you have 20 seconds of rest.
- You will repeat this for 20 minutes and the results can be more than interesting in the end.
- Studies have shown that this workout will give you better efficiency when compared with an entire hour of running.
Walking is actually the best thing you can do if you want to stay in shape. According to Mayo Clinic, walking makes it easy for you to stay away from various health issues like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and other conditions.
It will also boost your mood and help improve your coordination and balance. But the best thing is that it helps you get more power into your muscles and bones. Overall, it features everything you need to stay healthy.
8. Cat and Cow Exercise
This is one good cardio workout at home. the name sounds funny though, but trust me, it’s interesting.
- Come onto your hands and knees with hands directly below your shoulders and knees directly below your hips. Inhale to lengthen your spine.
- Without bending elbows or moving hips, roll your spine forward to arch your back.
- Lift your chin, chest, and hips to the ceiling, allowing your stomach to sink toward the floor.
- Round your spine toward the ceiling and release your head toward the floor.
- Move in a fluid motion for 5 deep breaths or as many as desired.
You have to jump around for 10 minutes and then you take a break. The idea here is to jump a minute, then rest for another minute. You can also use jumping rope for this. It helps your heart to be stronger and your legs to receive a good boost as well.
This workout is really good for bone density too, which is quite helpful. Plus, it’s a wonderful exercise for adults and even elite performers and athletes do it. This helps you stay in shape and it offers an immense amount of energy.
Repeat this multiple times in order to cover 10 minutes. It’s a simple workout, but it’s bound to offer you a lot of interesting results. Plus, it’s really easy to do and you can start doing this at home if you want.
The reason why using kettlebells for cardio workouts is that they can blast calories without any major issue. Ace Fitness states that kettlebells are even better than a HIIT routine.
You should lift the kettlebells and then do a complete exercise routine for 10 minutes. It’s as basic as it gets, but it will offer you the energy boost you need, all while eliminating the extra fat from your body.
- Perform the 4-move warm-up, and then immediately move into the main circuit.
- Do each exercise as fast as possible for 1 minute, without resting between moves.
- Rest for 1 minute, and then repeat the main circuit (no warmup) 2 more times, 3 if you have the time and energy.
- Finish off your fat-blasting session with the yoga cool-down.
Finding the best cardio workouts at home is all about you and your daily routine. If you want to stay in shape or gain a good shape, then opting for any of the ideas above can come in handy. Just make sure that you vary these workouts as much as you can to get the complete set of benefits.