ACV For Weight Loss – Over time, diverse ways to lose extra pounds and improve weight loss have been tried by different people. In the quest for a healthy and fit life with a lean physical appearance, women all over the world have come up with opinions, methods, and tips to help you lose weight.
Besides its aesthetic benefits, losing weight is also a way to guarantee good health.
Losing weight is healthy because the presence of excess fat in the body can lead to health issues like increase in the risk of heart diseases and diabetes, excess secretion of oil in the hair and skin, unhealthy increased pressure on the bones and joints, and sometimes untimely death.
For decades, a significant increase in the clamour for overall health has happened in the US as a result of the massive decline in health all around.
Many of those trying to lose weight and stay fit have opined that using ACV for weight loss is a viable option. Hence, this post contains healthy benefits of using ACV for fast weight loss. Apple cider vinegar, ACV, is the most popular type of vinegar in alternative health circles.
It has been found to have many health benefits that are backed by science. These benefits include reduced cholesterol levels, low blood sugar levels, weight loss, etc. It is also used by many for cooking and various household purposes.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple Cider Vinegar is a type of vinegar extracted from apple cider. It undergoes a fermenting process to form healthy enzymes and probiotics which gives it a mainly less sweet taste and reduces the number of calories. With two spoons of ACV, you will only be taking in about 3-5 calories per spoon.
For thousands of years, ACV has been used for different purposes. Historical records show that since 5,000BC, apple juice has been allowed to ferment. They also show that ACV has always been used for different purposes ranging from liver detox to blood purification, or lymph node cleansing to boosting immunity.
Today, ACV is popular for its healthy properties that help to improve health. Apart from using ACV for weight loss, it can also be used as a natural remedy for ailments, salad dressing, or a natural household disinfectant or cleaner.
Types Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If you’ve ever heard of ACV, you have probably heard of terms like “raw” or “organic,” which makes it tasky to make a choice.
However, if you are looking to get the best products, you should go for the raw, organic, and unfiltered apple cider vinegar. It will appear murky and web-like, and the intact mother makes it even more nutritious.
Here’s what these terms mean and why you should go for them:
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar: This means that the ACV does not contain genetically modified organisms or synthetic additives that harm your health.
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar: This means the ACV is unprocessed and unheated. The “mother,” that is a body of proteins, enzymes, and other beneficial proteins which are often lost during processing is intact. Consuming this type of ACV means you are getting all the health benefits that ACV hold.
- Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar: When you buy filtered ACV, the mother has been removed and any other nutritious sediment. This leaves behind a clear, amber-coloured vinegar that is not as nutrition-packed as you need.
How To Use ACV For Weight Loss And Healthy Gut
To use ACV for weight loss and a healthy gut, dilute two tablespoons of it in water and drink. If you prefer pills, you can go for apple cider vinegar pills that contain a smaller amount.
However, research is limited on the potency of these supplements. Be rest assured that using ACV can help to cure diverse health conditions.
6 Healthy Uses of ACV For Weight Loss & Healthy Gut
While it is not mainly known why ACV works for weight loss, some theories posit that it is because this potent drink speeds up metabolism. Some others suggest that it is because it burns calories.
Some nutritionist indicates that for more effect, combining Vitamin B6 and Lecithin with ACV leads to even more rapid weight loss. Whatever the case may be, here are six good uses of ACV for a healthy gut and blasting fat:
1. ACV Boosts Gut Health
When you go for organic, war, and unfiltered ACV, you add a good measure of much-needed bacteria to your diet. This bacteria enhances your digestive health and adds a lot of gut bacteria advantages to the body.
These include better immunity and a boost in digestion and absorption of nutrients. Add a spoon or two of ACV to your diet daily to begin to enjoy the best gut health. You can also include other fermented foods like kefir alongside ACV for best gut health.
2. ACV Reduces Fat Storage
Studies have shown that when added to your diet, ACV causes a significant reduction in the level of fat storage and accumulation. This has been proven in both human and animal subject research.
A study published in the Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry journal shows that participants who drank ACV for 12 weeks achieved a significant drop in body weight. This is in addition to the loss of abdominal fat, triglycerides, and waist size.
Also, obese test subjects who were given a daily dose of ACV throughout 12 weeks lost belly fat, reduced waist size, and lost blood triglycerides and weight.
3. ACV May Prevent Cancer
Cancer is when there is an uncontrolled growth of cells in the body. A lot of noise has been made about the cancer-fighting effects of ACV. Several studies have also shown that vinegar can shrink tumours and kill cancer cells. However, note that the studies were done on isolated cells in a test tube.
Other observational studies in humans also show that the consumption of vinegar is linked to a reduction in the rate of oesophagal cancer in China while it increased bladder cancer in Serbia. Further to the reaction of ACV to cancer is being conducted.
4. ACV Detoxifies The Body
As earlier said, there is a lot of good in drinking raw, unfiltered, and organic ACV. One of these is that it contains a lot of fibrous substances that help to absorb toxins and boost bowel movement.
It detoxifies the body by breaking up mucus and cleaning lymph nodes. This allows for lymph circulation and promotes lymphatic health.
When the lymph system is healthy, toxins are removed, and the immune system response also improves. Using ACV for weight loss balances the pH levels and stimulates cardiovascular stimulation and lymphatic drainage. This enhances detoxification.
5. ACV Slows Down Aging Process
Apart from the wisdom and experience that comes with getting older, not many people look forward to the physical signs of ageing. This is especially true when you think of wrinkles and saggy skin. This is where ACV comes in.
It contains antioxidant properties that can help slow the rate of ageing and prevent premature ageing. It can maintain the acid/alkaline level in the body, keeping it stable and maintaining its balance. This plays a crucial role in reducing the ageing process.
6. ACV Contains Beneficial Probiotics
A well functioning immune system is primarily based on a healthy gut. With a healthy gut, you can fight obesity. The gut houses good and bad bacteria so that when the balance is disturbed, it affects the immune system.
ACV is packed full of good bacteria strains that help to maintain good bacteria in the gut. A study found in the Journal of Clinical Investigation reveals that
using probiotic bacteria, that is good bacteria, can aid weight loss.
Precautions & Risk Factors For Using ACV For Weight Loss
- ACV may cause a dangerous decline to potassium levels in the body. People who are taking prescription drugs should speak to their doctors before using it as it may interact negatively with the medicines. Individuals who are taking insulin or diuretics should not take ACV.
- Since ACV is highly acidic and the pH level of it may interact with the pH content of the stomach, avoid taking it for an extended period to prevent unpleasant side effects.
- Because of its acidic content, irritation of the throat sensitive lining, stomach, and oesophagus may occur. In the case of this, stop taking ACV immediately.
- Drinking of ACV regularly without dilution can interact with dental enamel, leading to deterioration. This can result in the yellowing of the teeth and make them sensitive to heat and cold. To prevent this, always ensure that the ACV drink is diluted with water or a pinch of baking soda to lower its acidity level.
How to Make ACV Taste Better
Although ACV has many uses, a lot of its users dislike the taste. If you are one such, you do not have to stop taking it as there are ways to make it taste better. These include:
- Adding Raw Honey: Combining ACV with raw honey and just enough water is a great way to make it delicious or at least more tolerable. To do this, mix two cups of water with three teaspoons of ACV. Then mix in a tablespoon of raw honey and enjoy!
- Mix With a Tasty Tonic: To enjoy, combine ACV with a tasty tonic of your choice. You can also try mixing two teaspoons of ACV with apple or grape juice for a delicious experience!
Get your weight loss journey going with ACV now! Remember to talk to a doctor before using ACV for weight loss; especially if you are taking any medication. Otherwise, enjoy the rich goodness of the wonder that is apple cider vinegar.
Let us know in the comment section below how this post helped you. You can also drop your recommendations and suggestions for other users to try.