For most women, the greatest challenge they face today is the ability to maintain a perfect weight. We have to fit into the roles we play daily while maintaining the perfect glam look that is expected of us.
This is because the way we look has a direct influence on our confidence level. However, since we mostly spend time behind a desk and in front of our computers, it is important that we visit the gym or do weight loss exercises for women weekly. This way, we can stay fit and maintain a good shape.
Although most of us start the new year with a resolution to go on regular weight loss exercises, we end up giving up on those weeks after starting. Often, the reason is that we lack much interest. But, if your reason is lack of time, this article is for you!
Usually, we tend to resort to going on a crash diet and reducing the rate of food drastically. However, any fitness enthusiast will tell you that dieting without an effective weight loss exercises for women regime is not adequate.
Skipping a meal often leads to binge eating later and regaining all the lost pounds and then some more. As they say, before conquering the mountain, start winning smaller challenges to build confidence.
- 5 Best Yoga Exercises For Fast Weight Loss and Flat Belly
- 10 Best Cardio Workouts at Home For Quick Weight Loss and Belly Fat Burning
- 10 Best Fat Burning Foods for Instant Weight Loss
- 8 Best Fitness Products That Should Be In Every Home
- 10 Killer Workouts That Burn More Fat Than Running: Lose 10 Pounds in 30 Days
8 Most Effective Weight Loss Exercises For Women
So without hitting the gym, here is a list of the most popular weight loss exercises for women that work like magic.
1. Treadmill Jogging
Jogging is the simplest of all weight loss exercises for women at home. You can jog in one place watching tv or listening to music. Just make sure you have a good pair of shoes so that the stress on your legs is greatly reduced.
Jogging gets your heart rate up indicating the burning of calories or fat at a higher level. Watch the results in just 15 days.
To begin, step onto the treadmill and select the desired option from the menu. Most treadmills have a manual setting, or you can select a program to run.
Typically, you can enter your age and weight to estimate the number of calories burned during exercise. Elevation can be adjusted to change the intensity of the workout.
Treadmills offer convenience, cardiovascular benefits, and usually, have less impact than jogging outside. A 150 lb person will burn almost 250 calories jogging for 30 minutes, compared to more than 50 calories running.
Maintain proper posture as you jog, and only hold onto the handles when necessary, such as when dismounting or checking your heart rate.
2. Glutes Kickbacks
This weight loss exercise for women works by tightening and toning your glutes and hamstrings.
Repetitions are advised every day with an increase of 5 repetitions per day. This exercise defies gravity by throwing your leg all the way up from the ground.
How To Do Glute Kickbacks:
- Get into the basic push-up position
- Your body must rest on your palms and knees facing down
- Now flex your foot while pushing straight up through the heel
- Now hold the position
- Then slowly lower your leg and repeat the movement with your other leg.
The burpee is a full-body exercise used in strength training or as an aerobic exercise. It is a full body exercise and tougher versions of it are used for military training purposes. This exercise effectively targets your core, chest, and legs simultaneously. Feel the burn and know you’re building lots of lean muscle.
How To Do Burpees:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms at your sides. Push your hips back, knees bent, and lower into a squat
- Place your hands on the floor directly in front of you and shift your weight to them
- Jump back softly to land on your feet in the plank position
- Jump your feet forward so they land just outside of your hands. Reach your hands up and jump explosively into the air
- Immediately lower back into a squat for the next rep. Repeat 8 to 12 times. Complete 3 sets.
A crunch is one of the basic forms of abdominal exercises. In about no situation must your lower back be lifted over the body. Crunches are listed as one of the best exercises to lose weight for women. It targets the belly fat by working on the abdominal muscles.
How To Do Crunches:
- Lay down on the ground. Now bend your legs from your knees
- Your hands should be placed on at the back of your head across your chest
- Your spine should be flat on the ground
- Now raise the upper portion of your body making your abdominal muscles squeeze
- Keep your neck straight and chin up
- Hold the position for a second then lay back down and do it all over again.
5. Leg Raises
The deepest muscles in your abdominal area are being worked in this fat burning exercise for women. Repeat as many as you comfortably can. The leg raises allow you to work full body while lying down on the mat with all the action being done by your legs.
How To Do Leg Raises:
- Lay down flat on the ground
- Now get your legs up 90 degrees above your hips. Your hands lay on the side
- Now slowly drop your legs halfway or all the way with the pressure falling solely on the shoulder and abdominal area
- Take care that your back does not arch while doing it. It lies plastered on the mat.
Squats are one of the best exercises for weight loss. When you do them correctly, you engage your core and entire lower body.
How To Do The Squat Move:
- Start with feet hip-width apart, arms either at your sides or holding weights
- Keeping your weight in your heels, begin lowering your legs and raising your arms in front of you
- Keeping your back straight, lower until your thighs are parallel to the floor
- Remember to keep your knees in line with your toes the entire time
- Maintain an even pace and rise back to a standing position. Repeat 3 sets of 15 reps.
7. Tuck Jump
This tuck jump exercise is one of the most intense and exhausting but also one of the best weight loss exercise for women. This exercise works on your abdomen and oblique muscles along with your hamstrings.
The jump gets your heart rate up to a max ensuring full body movement and exercise. Repeat as many times as possible.
Within a month you will be able to reap the benefits of this intense weight loss exercise.
How To Do Tuck Jump:
- Jump up and bend your legs
- Bend them and pull them very close to your chest with your toes pointed out
- Get back to the normal position
- Keep your back as straight as possible during the entire time
- Repeat the movement several times.
Push-ups not only provide strength but are also really effective weight loss exercises for women. They are performed by lowering and then raising the body repeatedly using the arms.
As seen above, in just about 10 mins you lose about 100 calories for an average sized body. Total body workout is ensured in this set and thus the fat burns faster than before.
How To Do Push-Ups:
- Lay down on the ground, facing down with your palms taking the support of your body
- Now make sure your body forms a straight line. This means your hip must not go up, nor should your arch below
- Your hands must support your body completely
- Your head must be in a neutral position so as to ensure you do not strain your neck
- 5 repetitions in 3 sets daily make this one of the most loved fat burning exercises for women.
7 More Weight Loss Tips for Women
9. Do Not Skip Meals
You might be thinking that in order to lose weight you should avoid eating.
Do not try this.
Skipping meals will not help you achieve your weight loss goal. Instead, it may have a negative effect on your mental and physical wellbeing.
Additionally, there is the possibility that skipping breakfast, lunch or dinner will only make you eat even more than you’re supposed to.
That feeling of hunger will not give you the luxury of time to make food choices that are healthy.
Cases of frequent snacking may occur which will then increase your body’s calorie intake. You can see you’ve done even more harm to your body.
It is also important to mention that your body requires a certain amount of daily calorie intake in order to aid the proper functioning of the body system.
10. Protein is King
When it comes to foods to eat for weight loss, protein outranks others. The reason for this is not far fetched – protein will help satiate you, making you full for a longer period.
The benefit of protein is not only limited to its ability to satiate you. Protein is also known to help boost the rate of your metabolism.
This process is known as the thermic effect of food.
Therefore, you should really consider replacing those refined carbs in your meals with more lean proteins. Make sure every meal and snack you take includes some sort of protein.
11. Drink Lots of Water Daily
Some say “water is life” and sincerely, there is no argument about that. Water has so many benefits and one of them is its ability to contribute to your body’s weight loss.
Always make your body stay hydrated. According to a recent study, an increase in water intake contributes to healthy weight loss(3)
Also, water helps to flush all those toxins that can contribute to weight gain from your body. You should drink nothing less than 8 cups of water daily.
12. Get Enough Sleep
Here is another weight loss tip for women that is extremely important. Gone are the days when it was thought that sleep contributes to weight gain.
Your body needs proper sleep and it is important that you never deprive it of that if you really want to lose weight.
In spite of your busy schedule, you must find time to give yourself a sound sleep.
13. Use Your Legs More Often
This might seem basic, but is one of the best weight loss tips for men as you can always use your legs to burn off those excess fats in your body.
You get to your workplace and you see elevators and escalators; why not use the stairs instead.
Opt for the stairs and make this a daily habit. It is a very effective method for burning excess fat from your body.
14. More Vegetables and Less Processed Carbs
Also, you should embrace vegetables. Vegetables fill you up without adding many calories to your body.
Make sure you avoid veggies with high-calorie dressings. Ensure you eliminate processed carbs from their diet. The only thing they contribute to your body is calories and establishing a favorable environment to gain fat.
15. Avoid the Alcohol
We understand the influence alcohol already has on you but if you’re really serious about the weight loss tips for men, then abstaining from alcohol is one of the tips you should follow.
They have no positive effect on your body. Instead, all they do is supply the body with empty calories. Empty calories are those calories that do not have any nutritional value.
Also, alcohol hinders the fat-burning process of your body. It is recommended you abstain from alcohol.
Exercising is important, and you don’t necessarily need to go out and join a gym. Expensive equipment isn’t required either. What, however, is mandatory, is the will to push yourself and believe its possible.
And when you find the will just use whatever comes in handy in the comfort of your home. The more comfortable you are the longer you practice. So get up and get going!
If you have other alternative weight loss exercises that you regularly practice at home, do share with us here in the comments section below so that other fellow readers here also are benefited. After all, we want to build a community here with strong-willed doers.