Losing inner thigh fat without gaining muscle doesn’t have to be hard and can actually be really easy and enjoyable. If what you are looking for is just a general advice, then this article isn’t for you.
For those who really want to get rid of thigh fat and are determined to work hard at it, be rest assured that this plan will not only get you beautiful thighs and legs but a completely beautiful body.
Let it be clear from the get-go that there are two things you have to do to ensure you are losing inner thigh fat and they are:
- Having the right diet (which is very important) and
- The right exercise program (which is what we will be dealing with in this post).
Both the thighs and the belly are areas in the body where women do not like to generate fat. Note that while you can’t spot reduce (that is, reducing the fat in just one part of the body), you can develop more lean muscle in a targeted area.
When this is effectively combined with combined with a healthy diet and overall fat loss, these 8 leg toning exercises can result in a lower body you’ll absolutely love!
Inner-thigh fat can be hard to target and is often overlooked in a typical workout routine. This is because the inner thighs can be magnets for fat, but the right exercises can go a long way in eliminating that extra padding.
Not everyone has access to gym equipment. However, you can do a huge variety of callisthenic exercises in the comfort of your own home.
Some calisthenics that strengthens the thigh muscles includes plie squats, side lunges, squat & kick, skater hops, inner leg lifts, leg circles, outer leg lifts, fire hydrants, and fire hydrant kicks.
Try doing a combination of several or all of these exercises for at least 15 minutes a day to strengthen the thighs.
These moves go beyond traditional leg lifts to slim and shape your inner thighs from every angle. By including the following 8 exercises in your workout plan you will see noticeable changes to your thighs in a matter of weeks.
8 Exercises to Burn Inner Thigh Fat
It’s time to get into the best inner thigh toning exercises.
These exercises are guaranteed to help to lose that fat bulge on inner thigh. Listed below are the best 8+ exercises on how to lose inner thigh fat;
What You’ll Need:
There are only 3 basic pieces of equipment you’ll need for this workout. And the great thing is, they’re all relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and they’re multi-purpose, meaning you can use them for a variety of different workouts and exercise routines beyond this one.
A light workout gear; I get all of my Women’s Workout & Training Pants from Amazon for less than half the price (the quality, price, and prints are awesome) A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat to lay on the floor.
1. Scissor Leg Plank
Plank exercises are the basis for building a strong core and six pack abs but how to reduce inner thigh fat with planks? Well, this particular plank variation targets the inner thighs along with the arms, chest, core, and glutes.
- Start in a classic plank position with each foot placed on small folded towels.
- Now, slide your feet apart while keeping your upper body fixed and open the legs as wide as possible.
- Slowly squeeze the inner thighs to slide the legs back together.
Do 2 sets of 15 repetitions.
2. Side Shuffle Switch
This fast-paced move gets your heart rate up (to help blast body fat) and recruits your inner-thigh muscles to help you quickly switch directions.
- Stand with your feet together, arms by your sides.
- Shuffle to your right by taking three quick steps to the side (right, left, right), and
- Then lift your left knee up, swinging your right arm forward.
- Immediately reverse your shuffle (left, right, left) and land with your right knee up, left knee bent, swinging your right arm forward.
Repeat 20 times in a row as fast as you can, alternating sides.
3. Sumo Squat with Side-Arm Raises
Sumo squat or Plie squat is another power-packed squat variation that helps to develop shapely legs but how to reduce inner thigh fat with squats? This particular squat focuses on the inner thighs rather than the quads. Consequently, inner thigh fat is eliminated.
- Stand with your legs open wide and toes are pointing slightly outward.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells in your hands and your arms straight, palms facing down.
- Now, bend your knees till the knees are over your ankles and raise your arms just below shoulder height.
- Stretch your legs and bring down your arms simultaneously. Target 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
4. Plie Squats
This is a simple inner thigh workout that has a lot of benefits. This workout provides strength to your lower body and also helps to tone your legs.
Plie squats involve a lot of inner thigh movements which tone your inner thighs.
This fun variation of the classic bodybuilder favorite hits the inner legs and can be performed with no equipment (holding a dumbbell or kettlebell is an option).
- Standing upright, move your feet so that you are in the classic ‘pile’ position – toes pointing out, core tight and stance as wide as you are able to properly and comfortably execute the move (aim for shoulder width).
- Keeping your pelvis straight and upper body straight (this is not a squat per se, we are not sitting back), lower your body until your thighs are close to or at parallel with the floor. Don’t force it but work toward it.
- Now, stay for a moment to squeeze the glutes before returning to the starting position.
- If maintaining balance is an issue, feel free to hold on to a park bench or even a tree, just ensure there isn’t an excessive dependency.
Further Reading: 10 Best Exercises To Lose Thigh Fat Fast At Home
- To start, Lie on your side on the floor with your legs together, knees bent and with your head, shoulders, bottom, and heels touching the floor.
- Then, Open your top knee towards the roof to full rotation while keeping the heels connected.
- Repeat up and down for one minute.
- Repeat the exercise but begin with both heels lifted to the level of your top hip for one minute.
- Remember to maintain heel connection as this keeps the glute muscles firing.
Repeat the whole exercise on the other side. If you start to feel this exercise in the side of your hip, you are fatiguing and need to swap sides.
6. Inner-Thigh Pilates Leg Lifts
There are lots of Pilates exercises that target inner thigh fat and this is one of the best. You will feel the burn as you work through the range of motion, a good sign that those muscles are being worked.
- Place a mat on the floor or find a comfortable surface.
- Lay on your side, and keeping your bottom leg straight, cross your top leg over and rest your foot on the floor.
- Then use your arm nearest to the floor to prop your head up and help with stability.
- Be sure to concentrate on keeping good form and breathing out as you lift your leg.
Repeat this for 15 reps and turn other and work the other leg.
7. Side-Lying Double Leg Lifts
This is a variation on leg lifts with a twist to add extra focus on those inner thighs. Basically, you are using one leg to lift the weight of your other leg. Thus, you are Working the inner thighs of both in the process.
- Using a mat, find a comfortable spot to lay down on your side.
- Then, Extend your arm nearest to the floor out straight, as if you were reaching for something.
- Hold your legs together and slowly raise them both as far as you can comfortably do so.
- Keep your toes pointed forwards, and control the movements slowly.
N.B The form you want to keep is your upper body flat on the floor, and pivoting at the hips only. Hold the position for 1-2 seconds when your legs are elevated, then slowly return them to the floor. 1-2 sets of 15 reps per side are ideal.
8. Stability Ball Squeeze
Stability balls are exercise items that help tone and strengthen your core along with your chosen exercise. With this exercise, I will show you how to target those inner-thighs.
- Start by Lying flat on your back place a stability ball between your knees and hold it there.
- Then, With your hands placed by your sides and not moving, squeeze the ball with your knees.
- Relax your legs and return to the starting position without losing complete grip on the ball
Reverse Clamshell with a Resistance Band
This inner thigh workout gives balance to the muscle of your pelvic floor and it also assists in getting rid of the inner thigh fat.
It is one of the effective exercises in shaping and tightening the flesh around your inner and outer thighs.
It also tones your glutes.
Steps on how to perform a reserve clamshell
- Lie on your side and keep your legs bent slightly.
- Place one leg on top the other leg.
- You can place a resistance band around your thigh
- Now lift the leg on top moving the ankles away from each other.
- Repeat 15 times on each side.
Abductor Lift –
This is another wonderful move that helps to get rid of inner thigh fat.
The exercise targets the outer part of your thigh. It also works the inner thigh. It is an inner thigh workout with bands. Your whole thigh is worked on by performing this exercise.
How to Use Abductor Lift to Lose Thigh Fat
- Begin by just around your feet.
- Slightly separate your feet and place the center of that band just over the top of those feet.
- Make sure you wrap it around the outside of the feet under the arch.
- Circle the band up to the handles can come through the center just in between your feet.
- Hold the two handles of the band together and lie on your body’s right side with your body propped up on the right forearm.
- Make sure your legs are straight and placed on top of one another with the toes pointed out.
- Now lift your top leg, bring it down, and repeat the movement.
- Perform 2 sets of 10 reps each on both sides.
N.B: You will feel your inner-thigh muscles working really hard against the resistance of the ball. Ensure that you do not squeeze too hard, you’re just aiming to push until you feel a little resistance. You can work up to stronger squeezes over time.
Repeat this exercise for 1-2 reps of 25.
Tips for toned and slim inner thighs and outer thighs.
- Always begin your workout with a quick warm-up exercise.
- You can start by stretching. Stretch your body or jog around very fast. This will get you prepared for the inner thigh workout
- Please ensure you do at least 2-3 sets of each of these 12 best inner thighs workout for slim toned thighs listed above.
- Also, ensure you carry out the workout for 30 seconds to 1 minute each.
- Ensure you complete the work out with a lower body stretching exercise.
- Ensure you also include another type of exercise apart from the ones which have been listed above.
- Most importantly, ensure you eat clean and stay away from junks. Remember you are what you eat!
- Also stay away from stress, drink enough water and have enough rest.
Conclusively, your inner thigh is very important as any other part of your body. Therefore, try as much as possible to pay good attention to it and take good care of your inner thighs.
Enjoy your workout!