Exercises to Lose More Than 15 Pounds In A Week – Cardiovascular exercise, mainly aerobic and anaerobic exercise, are critical in increasing the rate at which the body burns calories. Losing weight seems an uphill task for many, especially when you need to lose weight in a couple of days. And especially when you need to look good for an upcoming occasion or event.
Many of us feel lazy anyways, but if you want to lose some extra pound, you need to get down and do some workouts. This maximizes both muscle growth and fat burning capabilities of your body. The more you sweat, the more your body is losing weight, particularly in water.
Time can also be a hindrance to getting your daily exercise done, but the good news is that there are short effective workouts that you can do especially when feeling lazy. Half loaf they say is far better than none.
If you want to lose more than 15 pounds (6.5 kg) in two weeks, then you need to follow an effective plan.
If you want to lose weight, you need to be focused and be committed. It may be possible to lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks. However, it will not be 15 pounds of body fat. Some of the weight loss will likely be from water.
Those that do manage to lose a lot of weight should be aware that this rate of weight loss is not sustainable. People attempting to lose more than the recommended 1–2 pounds per week should only do so under the supervision of their doctor.
I believe the following seven exercises are very effective in burning fat and will help you as you continue on your weight loss journey. Also, these workouts focus on every area of your body that you may want to lose some extra pound.
There are great exercises that provide an excellent result. Good exercises should both strengthen your body and burn fat.
Further Reading: Exercises to Eliminate Lower Belly Fat
Exercises To Lose More Than 15 Pounds In 2 Weeks
What You’ll Need:
There are only 3 basic pieces of equipment you’ll need for this workout. And the great thing is, they’re all relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and they’re multi-purpose, meaning you can use them for a variety of different workouts and exercise routines beyond this one.
A light workout gear; I get all of my Women’s Workout & Training Pants from Amazon for less than half the price (the quality, price, and prints are awesome)
1. Try High-Intensity Cardio
Before beginning any high-intensity cardiovascular exercise, people should check with a doctor. This intense exercise is not appropriate for everyone.
High-intensity cardio exercise is effective for losing weight in some people. It is an interval training method where people combine periods of intense exercise with periods of rest.
One study found that people who did high-intensity cardio three times a week lost a lot of weight over a 15 week period, compared to people who did steady-state exercising.
Steady-state exercise is a type of activity where a person maintains roughly the same heart rate and muscle movements throughout the session.
Anyone with the following health problems or lifestyle issues should get medical clearance before attempting any high-intensity exercise:
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
- coronary artery disease
- diabetes or pre-diabetes
- cigarette smoking
- abnormal cholesterol levels
- mainly sedentary lifestyle
2. Resistance Training
Resistance training or lifting weights can help protect the metabolism from the crash that can occur while dieting.
Lifting weights build muscle. Muscle mass burns more calories than fat cells. The body also uses up more of its carbohydrate stores when doing full body resistance routines.
When someone couples resistance training with aerobic and cardio training, they will burn more calories.
A prolonged exercise of low-intensity to moderate-intensity for over 30 minutes per session will gradually cause the body to stop relying on carbohydrates for fuel and start relying on fat.
This is known as the “fat-burning stage,” which will lead to weight loss.
3.Crisscross Reverse Fly– Upper Back And Shoulders
This is one of the high-intensity interval training workouts which majorly targets the upper back muscles, side fats, arms, and quadriceps. It is great for weight loss also.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees slightly and tip your torso forward to a 45-degree angle.
- Cross your arms at the wrists in front of your knees and
- lift your arms to shoulder height, with the dumbbells out to the sides.
- Slowly return your arms to the starting position, crossing dumbbells in the opposite direction.
Do three sets of 10-12 reps.
4. Triceps Dips
This is an intense hiit exercise. Triceps dips help to develop and define your triceps. Triceps dips also work the muscles in the back of your arms.
You can perform it in the comfort of your home at the staircase or you can use a chair.
Triceps dips build your general body strength and this gives you the ability to be more active.
It works on multiple muscles of your body and studies has discovered that when you work on more than one muscle of your body, you tend to burn more calories which eventually promotes weight loss.
Follow these steps to perform a triceps dips.
- Place your hands on a chair or on the staircase.
- Put your butt at the front of the chair or staircase and extend your legs out.
- Place your hands at the back and hold the chair or staircase for support.
- Now, lift your body down and keep your shoulders down as you lower your body.
- Return to the initial point
- Do 15 reps.
This is a hiit for weight loss because it burns a lot of calories faster. Different research has shown that burpees burn 50% more calories than other forms of exercise.
They also speed up your body metabolism throughout the day even after you are done with the exercise.
Another benefit of burpees is that it makes you stronger because it works on every part of your entire body.
Also, it enables your heart and lungs to function better and it improves your physical skill.
Below are steps to follow to perform a burpee.
- Place your feet together and come down into a squat position.
- Place your hands in front of your feet on the ground.
- Separate your legs and jump into a push-up position.
- Return to your initial position and bend your body while you jump.
- Land quietly and bend your legs.
- Repeat these steps and do this for 45 seconds.
6. Mountain Climber
This exercise mainly targets the core, but it gets your arms tense especially because they’re in a static position. The exercise effectively tenses the upper arm and efficiently works it to burn the fat.
One of the popular choice exercises for fast weight loss is this one. Mountain climbers are one of those effective HIIT workouts at home and this makes it an accessible exercise. It is a great body exercise that involves the entire body.
It has a whole lot of Hiit benefits and they are:
- They are good for your heart.
- The fast movement gives room for your heart to pump faster and this is great for your heart.
- It increases your mobility due to the consistent movement and this is great for your mobility.
- They are great for improving your coordination and agility.
Below are steps to follow to perform a mountain climbers.
- Get to the start of a push-up.
- Your neck, back, butt and legs must trace a straight line. The spine must always be neutral. Tighten your core and butt.
- Lift one foot off the ground and drive the knee towards your chest.
- Tap the ground with the foot and go back to starting position. Do the same with your other leg.
Repeat as many as possible in under 10 minutes. If the form starts to break, stop.
7. Elbow Kiss
- Raise your arms to sides to shoulder level, but make sure your palms are faced up.
- Your elbows need to be bent to a 90-degree angle and
- Your arms pulled together in front of the chest so that both of your elbows “kiss” and the sides of your forearms touch.
- Slowly extend your arms back out to the sides, then lower to return to starting position. Do three sets of 10-12 reps.
The above exercises if done properly can speed up your fat burning process during workouts and even long after the workout is over
8. Yoga Push-ups
This is a pretty good exercise that you should include in your HIIT program. In addition, the good aspect of this yoga push-ups is that it is an effective HIIT workout at home.
One of the benefits of this yoga push-ups is that it increases your metabolism level which helps you burn fat.
It also builds your endurance level which makes you withstand stress. It strengthens your entire bones and helps prevent injuries.
Follow these steps below to perform a yoga push-ups.
- Start with a high plank.
- Move your weight backward and move your butt backward. This will form a triangle shape.
- Keep your feet suspended on the floor.
- Now place your upper body down with the help of your hands.
- Lunging your chest about one inch away from the floor and then lifting your chest into Cobra position.
- Push your hips down.
- Do this for 40 seconds.
Read Also: Best Leg and Bum Toning Exercises
Every woman regardless of age dreams of having an awesome body. Although One can use Exercises to Lose More Than 15 Pounds in 14 days, The best and most successful weight loss occurs as a result of small changes that a person can sustain for an extended period.
For better a result one should combine workout with a balanced diet, plenty of water drinking and enough rest.