Have you ever heard the saying that being serious can cause you to look older than you actually are? Well, That’s true. There is a good news anyway. Let me break it to you that you can perform some anti aging facial exercises to make your face more beautiful and radiant.
Time does not stop for any man (or woman). As hard as some may try, the fountain of youth remains undiscovered. Yet, many explore other available options such as surgery which is quite expensive and not everyone can afford it.
Since the face is the first thing people see in us, It is our identity. Anyone with a sagging skin and wrinkles by default reveals their age in an instant.If you are looking for a way to hide age without going under the blades, then these anti-aging facial exercises are for you.
Face yoga (or anti-aging exercises) can tighten and tone your facial skin through controlled movements. It also promotes the production of collagen, giving you a perky, youthful look. This non-invasive natural method will drop years from your face without pain.
There are 10 muscle groups throughout your face and scalp. These muscle groups attach to bone and, unlike those in other parts of your body, to your skin, enabling you to make millions of facial expressions. The repetition of facial expressions causes lines and wrinkles to form as you age. Anti-aging face exercises may help tighten and tone the muscles and the overlying skin for a firmer, younger look.
A series of exercises performed for a duration of 20 minutes, 6 days a week, will quickly begin to show positive results.
Here are some of the ways the anti-aging facial exercises work to remove the wrinkles
- The exercises work the skin’s upper, middle and lower layers
- They lift sagging skin
- Tone underlying muscles
- Help reduce wrinkles
- Improve blood circulation
- Enable better nourishment to the skin
- Bring a healthy glow
- Stimulate collagen production
- Restore skin’s elasticity
- Result in tighter, smoother skin
Anti Aging Facial Exercises:
1. Cheeky Face:
- Sit or stand straight.
- Inhale deeply, blow your cheeks out and hold the air inside.
- Transfer the air from one cheek to the other.
- Hold for as long as possible before you expel the breath in a controlled movement.
Repeat 8 or 10 times.
2. Surprised Face:
- Raise your eyebrows in a surprised expression.
- Stretch them as high as you can.
- Open your mouth wide; stretch them as much as you can.
- If someone catches you doing this exercise, well, act surprised.
- Widen your eyes some more if possible.Repeat about 10 times.
3. Giraffe Face:
- Whether you’re sitting or standing, look up and stretch your neck.
- While your head is tilted back, try to push your tongue against the top of your mouth.
- Alternately, you can also use your index fingers to pull the skin on the neck downwards.
- Hold the stretch for 25 seconds.
Return to the first position and repeat the movement.
This is one of the best facial exercises for anti-aging that tones the chin and neck region, correcting sagging skin and double chin.
4. Frown Face:
- Press your index fingers against the outer corners of your eyebrows.
- Simultaneously, place both your middle fingers against the inner corners.
- This makes a ‘V’ below both eyes.
- Apply pressure with the fingers and bring your eyebrows down, thereby making a frown.
- Take away your fingers and squint your eyes.
- Make your lips as if you are frowning.
- Hold for 2 seconds, and then relax.
- Repeat the movement 8 times.
Finally, relax with your eyes closed.
This exercise helps your crow’s feet, droopy eyelids, and puffy eyes.
5. Clown Face
- Smile widely, ear to ear, with your lips closed.
- Try wrinkling your nose.
- Now, stop smiling and pucker your lips.
- Pull your chin down with your fingers while your mouth remains closed.
- Repeat the smile and pucker, holding each expression for 5 seconds.
- Continue to make clown faces 10 times in a row.
It’s your natural facelift. The clown face corrects sagging skin and laugh lines.
Located at the front of the neck is the platysma muscle. Aging causes this muscle, and the skin on top of it, to become loose and to sag. This exercise helps tone the platysma muscle for a smooth jawline and neck.
- Sit or stand straight and tip your head up so you are looking at the ceiling.
- Holding your head still, press your tongue to the roof of your mouth.
- You should feel all the muscles at the front of your neck contracting with this movement.
- Keep your tongue pressed into the roof of your mouth.
Bring your chin to your neck, feeling the muscles of the chin and platysma contracting.
7. Face Yoga
This facial yoga exercise is designed to tone the muscles of the face and neck, increase blood circulation and release tension to restore a youthful look. It helps to remove laugh lines and tones the muscles of your cheeks.
- Stand straight and inhale deeply through your mouth.
- Hold the air in your mouth with your cheeks extended so you look like a trumpet player.
- Hold for one minute, or as long as you can hold your breath, then slowly exhale out of your nose.
Repeat five times.
You don’t have to carry around with you a face that you do not like. You can bring the youthfulness back on your face. Just as you can tone your body, you can also tone your face with the above simple exercises that make you look young. Aren’t you excited to reverse aging?
It is highly important for you to know that these anti-aging facial exercises must be combined with a good diet. Without a good diet, the effect of the exercises may not be seen at all or it may take a very long time for the result to show.
The effect of diet is as important as the contributions of exercises. the two work hand in hand and compliment each other. While one works from the outside, the other works from the inside.
You should take more of healthy foods and fewer junks and processed foods. Also, do not stop when the wrinkles are gone, make the diet and exercises a part of your daily routine.
Do share with us your before and after shots highlighting the success you have with using these facial exercises!