One of the most sought-after physical feature of the body today is to have washboard abs. This is not an easy feat which is why only extremely few people have it. Consequently, people are often searching for how to get a six-pack
Every person who has a little extra weight wish they could have a six-pack to show off to their friends. The truth is that a body to die for is not very hard to attain.
Many people believe that it may take months in the gym, but realistically it will only take a few minutes of your time out of each day. If you want to want to get a six pack, you will need persistence, dedication and just a little bit of time to complete your ab workouts every day.
If you want to get six pack abs fast, you must be dedicated. Those ‘miracle’ pills and supplements target weak procrastinators who are under the illusion that life is easy.
You must have a workout routine planned out and stick to it! So you need to research the best exercises to lose weight (check it out here) or even weight gain help if that’s your problem.
A tip if you’re focusing on how to get a six pack in a month – excessive crunches and sit-ups can be detrimental to achieving a flatter stomach of toned abs.
Most people spend too much time focusing all of their efforts on abdominal exercises, instead of focusing their efforts on effective all-around body exercises that stimulate a much better hormonal response to aid fat-burning and muscle building, jump-start metabolism and burn more calories.
Must read: Exercises to Lose Underarm Fat
A Real Workout Strategy – How To Get Toned Abs
If you do have extra flab on your body, the first thing you will need to do is to get rid of it. This is possible by doing aerobic exercises. The extra layer of fat is stored energy. You will need to burn that off if you want others to notice a nice six pack of abs underneath it.
Some great aerobic exercises include walking, running, jumping rope, swimming, basketball, softball, etc. There are a number of activities you can do to burn calories, but the main thing is to get your heart pumping.
Once your heart gets pumping, it will get the blood flowing and retrieve that extra stored energy in your body.
The next thing is to start doing your ab exercises. When starting your ab workouts, you will be sore for the first week or so. To get your muscles trained, there should be a few days of rest after your first couple workouts.
When a muscle is sore, the muscle cells are physically torn and will need time to heal. After there isn’t any more pain, your workouts should continue.
So the ideal six pack abs workout will include a measure of specific abs work alongside the squats, deadlifts, and dumbbell/kettlebell work which really get the body lean.
The specific exercises, however, need to be much more intensive than the sit-ups and crunches of old; once beyond a certain beginner level the body has adapted to these and they will produce very little further muscle growth.
One of the keys to long-term progress is therefore to include a variety of intensive exercises which will not only work your abs from all angles but also avoid boredom and prevent the body getting used to particular movements.
6 Exercises To Get A Six-Pack Ab
What You’ll Need:
There are only 3 basic pieces of equipment you’ll need for this workout. And the great thing is, they’re all relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and they’re multi-purpose, meaning you can use them for a variety of different workouts and exercise routines beyond this one.
A light workout gear ; I get all of my Women’s Workout & Training Pants from Amazon for less than half the price (the quality, price, and prints are awesome) A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat to lay on the floor.
- Lie on your back, knees bent with feet pulled up to your butt and palms flat on the floor by your shoulders.
- Flex your back and push with your arms to lift your hips as high as you can.
- Aim to straighten your arms if you can and hold the position for a minute or more.
This is a tremendous whole body exercise which demands more flexibility than strength, but which will work the abs hard.
2. Hanging leg raises
Your gym should have a pull-up bar or rings, or you can get inexpensive ones to install at home.
- Simply hang from the bar or rings and lift your bent knees as high as possible towards your chest.
- Try to curl your pelvis up when your legs are as high as you can get them.
- A few good quality reps will be plenty!
3. Squat Thrusts
A real grueling workout, which many people avoid for this reason, but a very effective muscle and fitness builder.
- Simply get into the regular push-up position and
- then jump your feet forward so your knees touch your arms;
- jump your feet back to the start position and repeat.
- Aim for ten reps at first, but realize that it’s far more beneficial to do 1 or 2, and do them right, than to cheat by shortening the movement.
4. Wide Toe Touches Exercise
- You will have to lie on your back and lift your feet up, just like when you perform the candle position.
- But this time, your arms will be widespread, out to the sides; similar to when you are expecting a hug.
- Do remember to keep your feet up straight throughout the entire exercise.
- Flex your abdomen and bring your hands forward, in an attempt to reach your toes.
- Go as far as you can, without allowing your feet to do down.
- Go back on your back with your hands spread wide and repeat.
5. Sitting Leg Pull-Ins
- Sit on the floor, legs straight out in front, arms above your head with the fingers of each hand interlocked.
- Lift your legs a few inches and pull your knees towards your chest. Straighten your legs and repeat, keeping your feet off the ground.
6. Windmills Exercise
- Lie on your back and put your legs up straight, like getting ready to perform a candle.
- Put your arms alongside your body, as you are going to use them for support.
- Now, while keeping your legs up, bend to the side using your middle muscles to control the movement, and try to get your legs as close as possible to the ground.
- Don’t forget to use your hands as support, so spread them if you have to.
- Do not allow your legs to fall to the ground, so go as far as possible to one side, getting back to your initial position when you feel that you can’t control it anymore.
- Do the same on the other side as well, alternating from one side to the other.
Also Check Out: Simple Exercises to Lose Weight
Any 2 or 3 of these exercises will really help give you a great six pack abs workout.
Remember that you can easily introduce your own variations. There are many other exercises which can form part of intense ab workouts, but there are some basic tests. If you’re out of breath and feeling your abs burning after only a few reps then, the exercise has sufficient intensity.
If you are seeking that perfect set of abs, be sure to have the time and dedication to go with it. Having a set schedule will increase your muscle and strengthen your core quicker. It is better than doing your ab workouts once or twice a week. Stay persistent as you will soon see the definition of your six pack develop.
Now you have all the exercises you need to get a great beach body. How to get a six pack is one thing, maintaining it is another. So, when you eventually get the kind of abs you want, you should not return to the lifestyle that got you a fat belly in the first place.
Using an ab roller is a good way to maintain the result you have achieved. Go ahead, give our routines all you’ve got on your quest to get a six pack.