Getting a six pack ab is not as difficult as many think it to be! It is something that can be gotten in no time if the right diet and exercises are followed. Maybe you have tried exercises and it seems not to work, don’t worry yourself. While you check out what you eat, you can also try out these yoga workouts for six-pack abs.
Crunches and cardio exercises alone will not get you your desired result as fast as you would want it. These yoga workouts for six pack abs can also work the magic along with a healthy meal.
Yoga is a physical and mental practice or discipline that is prevailing from ancient times. It is helpful in controlling both the body and mind. Practicing yoga daily can be helpful in improving not just the bone health, but muscle strength and even in helping you become more flexible.
Those with poor posture can practice yoga to improve their posture. Also, the gentleness and low stress on the joints make this exercise feasible for people of all age groups. Practicing yoga will definitely help you stay healthy and happy. After a brief discussion about yoga and its benefits, you will surely be surprised to learn that continuous practice of yoga can help you in getting the six pack abs.
Things to Know Before You Start
1. Don’t overdo it. Yeah, it feels good, you’ve got it, but really – don’t overdo it. These poses are aimed at improving flexibility which involves a lot of stretching and sometimes you can overstretch and that causes broken things.
2. Chances are that you might get hurt if you try to do the absolute most complicated yoga poses. It is unnecessary to show off or see if you can do it. You have an aim in trying these poses, stick to your purpose.
3. Stick with it. If you don’t practice yoga on the regular, those few days of being super flexible won’t last and you’ll be back at square one. Make it a part of your routine, two or three times a week. That way, your six pack ab will be permanent and you will enjoy the healthy life that comes with practicing yoga.
4. Calling the yoga poses by their proper names might be a bit difficult. thus, just stick to calling them by their animal names. Your friends and yoga peers may find it hard to understand what you’re talking about. a name like “Downward facing dog” is much more acceptable.
You are not trying to be a professor of yoga and no one will penalize you for the names you call them.
5 Yoga Workouts for Six Pack Abs
What You’ll Need:
There are only 3 basic pieces of equipment you’ll need for Yoga Exercises. And the great thing is, they’re all relatively cheap to buy on Amazon and they’re multi-purpose, meaning you can use them for a variety of different workouts and exercise routines beyond this one.
A light workout gear; I get all of my Women’s Workout & Training Pants from Amazon for less than half the price (the quality, price, and prints are awesome) A gym timer (free apps are available for download), and A floor mat to lay on the floor.
1. Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
This pose looks a little weird though. But I promise you that when your body masters it, you will have a wonderful stretch and awesome abs. Doing this pose frequently is going to increase your flexibility and strengthen your core. Although you may be sore after trying this the first or even the fifth time just keep at it.
- Lay down on your stomach on your yoga mat.
- Bend your right leg at the knee and bring it towards your butt.
- At the same time, lift your torso up slightly off the floor and reach behind you with your right arm to grab the ankle of your bent right leg.
- Hold this pose for five deep breaths.
- If you don’t feel the stretch yet you can pull your leg a bit closer to you and arch your back a bit more.
- If you’re really feeling ambitious, and want to be like that woman in the picture, bend both legs at the knee and grab both ankles with the respective arms.
2. Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
Not only is this a good flexibility builder, it’ll relieve any lower back pain you may have. Things like sciatica can be almost unbearable and this pose takes the pressure off and gives you a moment of peace… as long as your arms don’t give out.
- Lie down on your stomach on the mat.
- Make sure your feet are sole up and pushing into the mat.
- Bend your arms and put them on either side of you.
- Push the palms of your hand into the ground.
- Raise yourself up and arch your back to a comfortable level.
- Push your pelvis into the floor and tilt your head up to look towards the sky.
- Push your chest out and hold the pose for seven deep breaths
3. Child’s Pose (Balsana)
It’s as simple as it sounds. Stretch out your lower back and gain some more flexibility in your hips with this fool-proof pose. Seriously, it’s so easy. This is a very basic pose in yoga workouts for six-pack abs so learn it, remember it and use it often.
- Kneel on your mat with your legs together.
- Bend over at your waist and rest your stomach on your thighs, put your forehead on the floor.
- You can either: put your hands out in front of you to elongate your spine and maximize the stretch.
- You can relax and put your arms, palm up, on either side of you.
- Hold the pose as long as you want. Try not to fall asleep. Breathe deeply.
4. Reverse Boat Pose
It is one of the most effective yoga workouts for six-pack abs. This asana is a variation of the normal boat pose and it targets the core.
- Lying down on the stomach and keeping the head on the ground.
- Now gently raise the upper body and legs together, so that all the pressure is there on your stomach.
- Doing so, extend both the hands in front of you.
- Now hold this posture for 30 seconds.
Again, rock back and forth after this for a count of 10.
5. Bridge Pose
- Lie down on the back and bring heels as close to butts as possible.
- Then place both hands near the heels and lift the entire body off the floor.
- With just the head touching the floor.
- Hold this posture for 20 seconds.
Now go down again and raise your self up quickly for the count of 20. Get into the flow of your yoga workouts for six-pack abs.