Exercises for Smaller Waist – Nowadays, getting a 40-minute workout session every day is more like a challenge. That’s because we barely find time to hit the gym on a regular basis yet its every woman dream to have a body to die for.
While it is totally possible to beat genetics and have a smaller waistline and bigger thighs with the right exercises. It is important to note that getting this ideal body shape – 36” breasts – 24” belly – 36” booty – is not for everyone, That’s why your “perfect” hourglass figure may vary depending on your height, body type, and bone structure.
Achieving an hourglass figure is not easy, and genetics works pretty hard to stop your progress. Dietary and Lifestyle modifications, as well as exercises all, play very important roles. This article outlines specific workouts that target the hip/waist area
To get the dream body, 60% of this depends on what diet you are following. Whatever you do, make sure that your calorie intake is not more than 1200 calories per day.
The next 30% of your hourglass figure depends on the type of exercise you are following. You have to individually focus on every part of the body along with both aerobic, cardio and yoga exercises.
The last 10% hinges on your body getting enough rest. Ensure that you get a good long 6 – 8 hours of sleep daily.
Some other tips for a hourglass figure are:
- Avoid alcohol;
- Do not smoke too much (preferably at all);
- Count your calories (so you don’t exceed 1200 calories per day);
- Reduce salt and sugar intake.
- 8 Best Exercises To Get Rid Of Love Handles In 2 Weeks
- 8 Best Exercises to Burn Upper Belly Fat
- 6 Best Medicine Ball Exercises to Get Toned Abs
- Top 6 Everyday Yoga Poses For Beginners With Healthy Living Benefits
- 12 Full Body Strength Training Workouts – Increase Stamina and Endurance
10 Best Exercises for Smaller Waist, Bigger Hips, and Flat Stomach
1. Bicycle Crunches
One of the most popular exercises for smaller waist is the bicycle crunch. While performing the bicycle crunch, you are having an ab and a cardio workout.
This exercise helps to work the abdominal muscles such that you feel the burns. Also, the alternating knee raise and torso twist will help keep the heart healthy such that it pumps faster.
- Start by lying on your back with your face up, and your knees and hips bent at 90 degrees.
- Make sure your legs are parallel to the ground and your fingers beside your forehead.
- Now raise your shoulders off the floor and hold them up.
- Twist your upper body to the right, and pull in your right knee as fast as you can at the same time.
- Your right knee should touch your left elbow and ensure that your left leg is stretched out too.
- Now get back to the starting position and do this movement again on the other side to complete one rep.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
2. Side Lunges
For me, I love this exercise. This is because it has helped me achieve my goal hip size! They target the hip muscles or should I say it helps to activate the glutes and hip muscles.
- Stand upright with your toes slightly turned outwards.
- Ensure your left is firmly fixed on the ground and take a full step to the right with your right foot.
- Now lower yourself while planting your right foot until your right foot is parallel to the ground. Remember to keep your abs and glutes tight because you will be using them to push yourself back to the starting position.
- Repeat this process for the other leg and do 3 sets of 10 reps on each leg.
Note: Keep your back and upper body straight always and do not bend your knees too much.
3. Hip Raises
Also on our list of the best exercises for smaller waist, bigger butt and hip is the hip raise. It is one of the best exercises which every woman must do to get a finely shaped butt and figure overall.
This exercise works the lower back muscles and the glutes and at the same time, strengthens it. If you want to get curvy in the right places, get to this exercise right away!
- Begin by lying down on your back and also make sure your knees are bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Relax your neck and press your lower back into the floor.
- Place your arms at your sides and ensure your fingers point towards your lower body.
- Now bring your hips up, as high as you possibly can. Your feet and shoulders must also remain on the floor.
- Try to make the distance between your shoulders and knee form a straight line.
- As you thrust your hips up, make sure you also squeeze your butt cheeks together.
- Now lower your hips and return to starting position.
- If you are a beginner, you can start with 12 thrusts in a row. And you can increase the reps as you continue.
4. Parallel Reaches
The Parallel reaches is one of the powerful exercises for smaller waist. It helps to set the lower abdominal muscles and the glutes on fire!
- Stand straight, putting all of your body weight on your right foot with your left foot slightly lifted off the ground.
- Slowly extend yourself forward with your upper body and your left leg should be parallel to the ground.
- Hold that position for a while before you raise your body while bringing your left thigh upwards, tightly squeezing your abs.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for as long as you can before switching sides.
Note: You will need all your balance for this exercise. If you are finding it hard to balance yourself, you can use a chair or table for support until you are good to go.
5. Russian Twist
If you have been reading about how to get a smaller waist, you must have come across this Russian twist exercise. It is one of the exercises for smaller waist that helps to slim and tone the muscles around the waist and burns fat around the midsection.
Thereby revealing a banging hourglass body shape. We all know that a tiny waist makes the hip look like they are bigger.
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent, and your feet are laid flat on the ground.
- Push yourself to the back to create a V in between your thighs and your torso, at a 45-degree angle.
- Keeping your back and spine straight, clamp your fingers tight in front of you and rotate as far as you can to the right.
- Hold that position for some seconds and bring your arms back around to as far left as you can to complete a rep.
- Repeat up to 15 times.
6. Kneeling Squats
The kneeling squat is one of the best butt and waist exercises there are. This exercise is a subset of the famous squats which is known to help shape the butt and make it bigger. This exercise helps to work the glutes, hamstrings, as well as the quadriceps.
Most of the force used to get this exercise well done comes from the glute muscles, and this is the fastest way to a bigger butt and hips.
- Start by getting into a kneeling position, with your knees shoulder-width apart and your feet straight.
- Align your back and spine such that they are in a straight and neutral position and keep your torso tight.
- Sit back towards your heels to activate your glute muscles and make sure you do not lose hold of yourself.
- Using the same glute muscles, push yourself back to your starting position to finish one rep.
- Complete 3 sets of 10 reps for optimum result.
7. Donkey Lateral Kicks
- Get on all fours with your knees hip-width apart and your hands on your shoulders.
- Tighten your core and begin to lift your left leg, keeping your knee bent and your foot staying fat and at the hip.
- Use your glute muscles to press your foot directly towards the ceiling, making sure to squeeze at the top.
- Make sure that your pelvis and the hip you are working is pointed towards the ground.
- Return to the starting position and complete 3 sets of 20 reps for each leg.
Note: Keep your back straight and put the work on your glute muscles to help you get the best shape.
8. Vertical Hip Lifts
From the name of this exercise, you can guess what it does- targets the hip muscles. Thereby making you have a nice, toned and well-sculpted hips.
- Lie flat on your back and lift your legs until they are directly above your hips creating an L shape.
- From that position, lift your hips off the floor by pushing your feet towards the ceiling.
- Ensure that this movement is done without bending your legs or altering your position.
9. Swiss Ball Rollouts
This is another of the exercises for smaller waist that targets the obliques, abdominals and the lower back muscles.
- Begin in a plank position over the ball and slightly roll the ball forward.
- Hold that position for about 3 seconds before you roll back to your starting position.
- Repeat for as many times as you can.
10. Side Leg Lift
This exercise helps to work, build, and strengthen the abdominal muscles and the muscles around the hip. It helps to build the hip muscles such that the hips look bigger and by working the abdominal muscles, it helps to flatten the stomach and makes the waist smaller.
- Lie on your right side, legs on top of one another, and with your right arm bent.
- Rest your head on the bent arm and stretch out your left arm, resting your left arm on your left leg.
- Lift your leg up until it reaches a 45-degree angle then bring it back down.
- Repeat this movement for about 1o times to complete a rep. And when you’re done, have some seconds of rest.
- Switch legs and do this for as long as you can.
A smaller waist, bigger hips, and a flat stomach are possible with a combination of some exercises, diet and healthy lifestyle habits as outlined above. Though it may be difficult achieving these 3 goals at the same time, with enough hard work and dedication to these exercises for a smaller waist, it can be done.
Now as you already know, your diet plays also a huge role in weight loss. So this slim waist workout isn’t very useful if you don’t follow a healthy diet or a detox program. Make yourself every morning a detox drink and speed up your weight loss results. Who Knows?, You can melt even more than one pound of belly fat per day.